Mains


Fresh pesto fettucine


image not found

Ingredients

Quinoa or regular fettucine A basil plant from the supermarket 1 cup mixed nuts 2 tablespoons oil Roast kumara Capsicum Pine nuts

Method

Roast kumara and capsicums. At the same time cook fettucine and fry pine nuts in a small amount of oil. Blend 90% of the basil plant, along with oil and nuts in a food processor, add more oil if necessary. Mix pesto in with the cooked fettucine, pine nuts, roast kumara and capsicums. Lightly mix the other 10% of whole basil leaves through and serve warm.


Source: Jessie Hume