Crispy Vietnamese Pancake
1 cup rice flour
2 Tbsp corn flour
1 cup coconut milk
1 cup cold water
1 ½ tsp turmeric
1 tsp sugar
½ tsp salt, oil to fry
Ingredients for the filling
Mushrooms, Sprouts, Red pepper, Cabbage, Red onion, Tofu
All finely chopped
Garnish Mint, Vietnamese mint, coriander
Sauces Hoisin Sriracha Soy Sweet chili
* Mix all batter ingredients together in a bowl and set aside.
* It’s best to prepare the batter a few hours ahead of time and keep in the fridge until ready.
* Heat up a non-stick pan on a medium heat and pour a bit of oil on when its warm.
* Let it heat up, then pour out about 1/3 cup of batter and take the pan off the heat briefly.
* Pour the batter onto the pan and twist and turn the pan so the batter spreads evenly.
* Cook the pancake for a couple of minutes then add a handful of the filling ingredients and place a lid on the pan.
* Cook for a few more minutes. The pancake should look golden brown and be crispy when you peek at it.
* When its golden fold it in half and remove with a big wide spatula.
* Serve on a plate with the garnish herbs. Eat with sauces or as is!
This tasty, crispy pancake is quite like an eggy omelette
Source: Vegan society