The NZ Vegan Pie Awards
Welcome to New Zealand’s Vegan Pie Competition 2021
NZ Vegan Pie Awards 2021 judging will take place at The Butcher’s Son, Auckland on 29th November.
The New Zealand Supreme Vegan Pie Awards recognises and honours 8 award-winning vegan pies from around New Zealand.
Start thinking about your pies now! Which categories are you wanting to enter? Who can beat the magnificent Richoux Patisserie? This year, Jason Hay (owner and master baker at Richoux Patisserie), is one of the judges, so the competition is way open. Anyone could be the next Supreme Vegan Pie Winner! Registration is open from September 3rd 2021.
Register before October 1st and go in the draw to win an Angel Food Vegan Cheese catering pack worth $300!
Announcing the best Vegan Pies of 2020
Read on for the NZ Vegan Pie Awards 2020!
The Vegan Society of Aotearoa New Zealand is proud to reveal the winners in our third annual contest to discover the very best vegan pies of all kinds from pie-makers throughout the country.
Our panel of expert judges this year included food and beverage industry veteran Aaron Pucci, comedian and pie connoisseur Laura Daniel, vegan actor/writer/director Emmett Skilton, organic plant-based chef Megan May, Coffee Club co-director Brad Jacobs and newly vegan journalist Duncan Garner. This team of dedicated pie scoffers put in hours of gruelling work to test more than 70 pies and bring you the following selection of Aotearoa’s very best.
View 2020 results here
- Vegan Steak and Vegan Cheese – base paste bottom, and a flaky pastry on top
- Vegan Mince and Vegan Cheese – base paste bottom, and a flaky pastry on top
- Vegan Chicken – base paste bottom, and a flaky pastry on top
- Fruit pie – short crust pastry
- Vegetable – base paste bottom, and a flaky pastry on top
- Café boutique – any sort of pastry, shape, open or closed
- Gluten Free – any sort of pastry, shape, open or closed
- Commercial – base paste bottom, and a flaky pastry on top
- Plus a Supreme Award!