One Pot Quinoa
* 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
* 2 Garlic Cloves minced
* 1 White Onion Diced
* 1 small Sweet Potato diced
* 1 Red Bell Pepper diced
* 1 teaspoon Red Chilli Flakes
* 1 tablespoon Dried Mixed Herbs
* 1 14 oz can Chickpeas drained (420 gram can)
* 1 cup Green Olives sliced
* 1/2 cup Sun Dried Tomatoes chopped
* 1 cup White Quinoa uncooked
* 2 cups Vegetable Broth
* 1 teaspoon Sugar
* 3 cups Baby Spinach loosely packed
* 1 cup coriander chopped
1. Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic, onion, kumara, red bell pepper, red chilli flakes and dried herbs. Sauté until fragrant and vegetables have softened, about 5 minutes.
2. To the saucepan, add olives, sun dried tomatoes and drained chickpeas. Stir to combine.
3. Add uncooked white quinoa to the pot and stir to combine. Pour in Vegetable broth and sugar and stir for 10 seconds. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce to simmer for 20 – 25 minutes until liquid has been absorbed.
4. Once cooked, leave covered for another 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, remove lid and stir in baby spinach and coriander. Let sit for a few minutes to allow Spinach time to wilt.
5. Season with salt and pepper as necessary and serve warm.