One Pot Quinoa
1. Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic, onion, kumara, red bell pepper, red chilli flakes and dried herbs. Sauté until fragrant and vegetables have softened, about 5 minutes.
2. To the saucepan, add olives, sun dried tomatoes and drained chickpeas. Stir to combine.
3. Add uncooked white quinoa to the pot and stir to combine. Pour in Vegetable broth and sugar and stir for 10 seconds. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce to simmer for 20 – 25 minutes until liquid has been absorbed.
4. Once cooked, leave covered for another 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, remove lid and stir in baby spinach and coriander. Let sit for a few minutes to allow Spinach time to wilt.
5. Season with salt and pepper as necessary and serve warm.