Baked Rice with Caramel Custard & Bananas
1 cup of rice
1 ½ custard powder
1 cup coconut milk
2 Tbsp coconut sugar
1 Tsp peanut, almond or cashew butter
1 cup chopped dates
* Cook rice in 1 1/4 cup water and 3/4 cup coconut milk
* Follow the instructions to make your custard with plant-based milk, a teaspoon of vanilla and coconut sugar.
* Combine cooked rice and custard in a baking dish.
* Mix through chopped dates and a teaspoon of peanut butter.
* Top with sliced bananas and sprinkle with coconut sugar.
* Bake for 20 minutes at 160° and when all is caramelized
* Serve with coconut cream
Add a cinnamon stick to the rice when cooking it
Add nuts and flaked chocolate to the topping if you like1 1/2
Add cocoa or melted chocolate into the hot custard for a chocolate custard
Source: Tonya Mariott