Bolognese & Cheese Lasagne
2 tbsp vegan margarine and 1 onion
1 tbsp whole grain mustard
1 cup vegetable stock and 1 cup plant milk (not sweet)
1 heaped tbsp nutritional yeast
1 packet silken tofu (optional)
Tomato ‘Bolognese’ sauce
1 cup red lentils and 2 cans tomatoes, 1 cup water
2 heaped tsp vegan stock (Massel is good)
2 tsp each of oregano and paprika
1/2 tsp liquid smoke (optional)
1 tsp crushed garlic
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar.
1/3 cup bread crumbs and 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
1 tbsp oil
Bunch or two of spinach,
wilted and chopped
To make the cheese sauce
* Cook till onions are soft.
* Mix the stock, plant milk, nutritional yeast and salt in a jug and then add to onion mixture. Stir over low/med heat till thickens.
* Blend the silken tofu with a stick blender and stir through the sauce. Tofu at end is optional, it thickens it further and increases protein but the sauce works great without it.
To make the bolognese sauce
* Put everything except vinegar into pressure cooker and cook till lentils done, (or just a normal pot with lid on the stove) then add vinegars.
To make the parmesan
* Mix all ingredients in a cup.
* Order goes as follows: small amount (just enough to thinly coat the dish) of tomato sauce on bottom then pasta sheet, 1/2 spinach, 1/3 cheese sauce, pasta sheets, 1/3 tomato sauce, pasta sheet, 1/2 spinach, 1/3 cheese sauce, pasta sheets, 1/3 tomato sauce, pasta sheets, 1/3 tomato sauce, 1/3 cheese sauce.
* Top with vegan parmesan.
* Bake in 180 degree oven till poking a skewer through pasta sheets is easy-peasy. Take out and rest for 5 or 10 mins and then devour.
Source: Holly McQuillan