250g (1 pack) Nice biscuits
2-3 tbsp dairy free butter/margarine
100g dairy free butter/margarine (olivani)
100g brown sugar
320g can coconut condensed milk (soy condensed milk would work the same)
1tsp agar powder
80g dark chocolate
1 tbsp coconut oil
* Blend nice biscuits, add plantbased butter and blend again – should be the consistency of damp sand
* Line a tray with baking paper (I used a ~15cm square cake tin), press biscuit blend into tray with your fingers and refrigerate
* While base is chilling, put butter and sugar into a nonstick pan and melt over a low heat, stirring constantly
* Mix agar powder in a small glass with just enough boiling water to make it liquid
* When butter and sugar are fully melted, add condensed milk and agar powder.
* Bring to a rapid boil while stirring constantly and boil for 2 minutes
* Allow caramel to cool slightly, then pour over base and put back in the fridge to chill for an hour.
* After the slice has been chilled, put chocolate and coconut oil in a bowl over a boiling pot of water.
* Stir until fully melted then pour chocolate over slice and spread to the edges – chill until chocolate has set
Note: When cutting I found it easiest to use a very sharp knife which I warmed by putting under warm water (and then drying before I cut it)
Source: Sarah McBride