1 1/2 cups self raising flour
1 cup castor sugar
1/4 cup oil (tasteless, such as rice bran)
1 cup lukewarm water
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 Tbls apple cider vinegar
* Mix dry ingredients together then add wet ingredients and blend.
* Spoon into cupcake cases in tray.
* Put in pre-heated oven at 180 C. Bake until lightly browned on top, about 10-12 minutes.
* This makes about 24 cupcakes or one large sponge cake.
* For a chocolate version, add 3 heaped tablespoons of cocoa powder to the dry mix.
* Decorate (the decorations in the picture is cut out ready to roll icing)
Source: Dee Lindsay