Dark Chocolate & Espresso Cheesecake
1 Packet of Nice biscuits, crushed
75g plant butter, melted
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
A handful of hazelnuts crushed (optional)
500g dairy free dark chocolate
190g tub silken tofu
1 shot of espresso or 30mls of strong instant coffee
1 tsp vanilla essence
1/3 cup palm sugar, grated (optional)
* Heat your oven to 160oC and lightly grease a 20cm spring form pie tin with omega spread or sunflower oil.
* For the base, mix the crushed biscuits and hazelnuts with the butter and cinnamon.
* Press the mixture evenly on to the base of the tin and up the sides, using the back of a spoon to cover evenly.
* Bake for 15 minutes then set aside.
* Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a simmering pot of water.
* Blend your tofu in a blender, then stir it through your chocolate.
* Pour into the pie dish and bake at 160oC for 20 minutes. Should feel a bit firm.
* Allow to cool before taking it out of the tin. Serve with loads of berries piled on top and a dusting of icing sugar
Source: Alana May