Pineapple Coconut Loaf
8 TBs or ½ cup softened vegan butter
1 cup brown sugar
½ cup aquafaba
1 teaspoon almond or vanilla extract
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 cup plant-based milk
120g can crushed pineapple, drained
(save the juice)
1 cup shredded or flaked coconut
2/3 cup brown sugar
3 tablespoons pineapple juice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
* Beat together butter, sugar, aquafaba and almond extract until smooth with mixer.
* Whisk together flour and baking powder and add to butter mixture along with milk and drained pineapple.
* Fold in coconut. Spray a 9 x 5 loaf pan with cooking spray.
* Bake in preheated 350f/175c oven for 60 to 65 minutes until center tests done.
* Let cool 10 minutes and remove from pan. Add the glaze.
* Whisk together and drizzle over cooled cake.
An alternative to the glaze, sprinkle the cake with powdered sugar or toast some coconut and sprinkle over the top.
Adapted From: www.thesouthernladycooks.com