Sweet Potato & Chickpea Burgers
3 med kumera
1 can chickpeas
2 tsp garam masala
2 cloves garlic
1 tsp vege stock
1 cup frozen peas
1 cup coriander
4 burger buns
1 red onion
Vegan mayo, relish or sauce (optional)
* Finely chop the onions and garlic, and place into your fry pan/pot over a medium heat, then stir-fry with water.
* Fry for about 2-3 minutes, or until softened. Then add the frozen peas.
* Add the spices, then fry for 2 minutes – if it’s a little dry at this point, simply add more water to help it out.
* Stir in the beans/chickpeas and simmer until soft. Let the mixture cool and place in mashing bowl.
* Once the sweet potatoes have been baked let them cool and add them to the mashing bowl. Mash all ingredients adding finely chopped coriander for a burst of flavour. You can also add bread crumbs to bind the patty. Make into patties and place on a tray ready for the oven.
* Oven bake the patties for about 15 mins until golden brown.
* We’ve added basil leaves, radish and guacamole to our burger ~ throw in your favourite burger toppings!
See high carb health website for more recipes.
Source: High carb health