Tropical Muesli with Coconut Yoghurt
4 cups thick rolled oats
1/4 cup chopped almonds
1/4 cup sunflower seeds
1/3 cup sultanas
1/3 cup chopped dried mango
1/4 cup melted coconut oil
1/4 cup maple syrup
2 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp vanilla essence
1/2 cup desiccated coconut
* Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius
* Place all dry ingredients in a bowl (except for desiccated coconut) and mix together.
* Add the olive oil, maple syrup and vanilla essence to the dry ingredients and thoroughly stir together until well combined.
* Put the muesli mixture into a large baking tray and bake for 10 minutes.
* After 10 minutes, bring the baking tray out of the oven and add the coconut to the mixture. Stir and place into the oven to continue baking for another 5 minutes.
* Stir mixture in tray and bake for a final 5 – 10 minutes. Keep an eye on the muesli baking to prevent the coconut threads from burning.
* Once the muesli is finished baking, bring it out of the oven and leave to cool down for at least 10 minutes before transferring it into a container.
* Serve with your favourite plant-based milk and fresh or canned fruit of your choice.
Source: Rosie Pukeiti