Vegan Boil Up
I’ve never had any firm measures, just use what you have. Here’s what I love in boil up:
Potatoes, Kumara, Kamokamo or pumpkin
Enough vegetable stock to cover all of your vegetables
Lots of watercress (this gives it the peppery taste)
Salt to taste
1.5 cup flour and 1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt, 1/4 cup vegan butter
* Chop the vegetables into even chunks, I like mine nice and big. The watercress boils down small so I always overdo it and pack loads in.
* Then throw it all in the pot and boil away. Add the liquid smoke in small amounts until you’re happy with the taste.
* Simmer on a low heat for at least two hours, and when you’re about ready to eat, pop your doughboys in for the last 15-20 minutes. The taste deepens the next day, so I always make enough for seconds and thirds!
* Doughboys: Mix dry ingredients then rub in the butter until it’s crumbly.
* Pour in just enough plant milk to mix the ingredients together. For light, fluffy doughboys, don’t overmix them.
* Make into balls and pop into the pot about 15mins before serving.
Source: Katie Brown www.instagram.com/kai.tipu