Also check out the dairy, egg and meat alternatives section under Try Vegan
- Hummus – good protein source. Add in salad such as lettuce, tomato, cucumber, olives, spring onion etc.
- Peanut butter – adds healthy oils which are best not heated, try hemp, walnut, flaxseed, or olive oil
- Avocado – good addition of healthy fats.
- Tempeh – good protein source. Try marinading with soy source and liquid smoke (tiny drop) then frying.
- Vegan cheese – try vegusto as its the most tasty, or Angel food cheese to melt in a toastie.
- Vegan ‘scrambled egg’ – made from tofu with black salt to give an egg flavour, read the recipe here.
- Marmite – good source of b12!
- Tofu – try marinating first. See how to cook tofu or google for delicious marinate recipes.
- Vegan luncheon