Thai Carrot Peanut Soup
1 Tbsp olive or coconut oil
Half a large brown onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, pressed
4 cups of cubed carrots
½ tsp red curry paste, or more to taste
Salt and black pepper, to taste
2 cups veggie stock plus 2 cups water
1/3 cup peanut butter
* Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat and add the onion and garlic.
* Cook, stirring occasionally, until softened.
* Add the carrots and cook for 5 minutes, stirring often.
* Stir in the red curry paste.
* Add the veggie stock and 2 cups of water, bring to a low boil, and simmer for 20 minutes, or until the carrot is tender.
* Transfer to a blender, add the peanut butter, salt and pepper, and puree. Reheat and serve.
For a creamier and sweeter version add half a cup of coconut cream and a tablespoon of maple syrup. Remember to check ingredients on red curry paste, many are vegan, but some contain fish.
Source: Cathy Duffield