• some oil
• 1 onion, diced
• 2 sticks of celery, sliced
• 1 block Tofu
• 2 small carrots, finely cut
• 1 tbsp ground paprika
• 1-2 pinch chilli flakes
• 1 tsp of each dried thyme, dried oregano, dried basil
• 1 bottle passata or 400 g crushed tomatoes
• 1-2 garlic cloves, crushed
• salt to taste
• extra water if desired
1. In a frying pan, sautee the onions with some oil.
2. In the meantime press the tofu to remove excess liquid. Then pluck it apart to make smaller crumbles and chunks.
3. Stir the crumbled tofu in with the sauteed onions and celery. Cook until it gets a little dry.
4. Add carrots as well as ground paprika and the rest of the spices and herbs. Stir and let roast for another minute.
5. Mix in the passata and let simmer until the carrots are soft. If desired, add a little more water. Add crsuhed garlic at the end and at salt to taste.
Serve with pasta or use as a filling for lasagne.
Source: The Vegan Monster