TOFU COCONUT CURRY
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 yellow (or white) onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-inch fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp cumin powder
- 400 ml coconut milk
- ½ cup crushed tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 454 g extra firm plain tofu, chopped into 1-inch cubes
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 lime, zest and juice
- ½ cup fresh coriander (optional) , chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
1. In a large sauté pan or skillet at medium-high heat, add the vegetable oil, onion, bell pepper, salt, and pepper.
Sauté until the onions begin to brown, about 4-5 minutes.
2. Add in the garlic, ginger, curry powder, turmeric, and cumin and stir for another minute or two, until fragrant.
3. Reduce the heat to low and stir in the coconut milk, crushed tomatoes, and tomato paste until well-incorporated. Add the tofu and gently stir to coat with the sauce.
4. Bring the curry to a boil before reducing the heat to a simmer. Cook uncovered for 5 minutes.
5. Stir in the spinach, lime zest, and lime juice, until the spinach wilts. Taste for additional salt and pepper. Top with fresh coriander and serve over rice.
Adapted from: yayforfood.com/recipes